27 No. 1
|Where 2B &Y
||Announcements of conferences, symposia, workshops, meetings, and other upcoming activities.
17–22 July 2005
The 14th International Symposium on Carotenoids will be held at the Edinburgh International Conference Center in the heart of the city of Edinburgh, Scotland, from 17–22 July 2005. The scientific program will include plenary lectures by invited speakers, sessions devoted to selected carotenoid topics (see below), and poster display sessions.
The main objective of the symposium is to cover new developments and advances in the carotenoid field, to describe and evaluate new methods, and to increase understanding of the mechanisms underlying the natural functions, actions, and applications of carotenoids. The main themes of the symposium are as follows:
- Carotenoids and Health: a series of themed sessions focusing on protection against disease; the eye; molecular and cellular processes; and nutrition
- Carotenoid Oxidation and Breakdown Products and Metabolites
- Carotenoids in Photosynthesis
- Carotenoid Biosynthesis
- Commercial Production and Applications
- Carotenoids and Nature: ecology, etc.
- Molecular Interactions of Carotenoids
See calendar for contact information
last modified 28 December 2004.
Copyright © 2003-2004 International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry.
Questions regarding the website, please contact email@example.com